A beautiful, fun, progressive community! You’ll find Souris-Glenwood is a wonderful place to visit, live, retire, and raise your family. Our amenities in health, education, sport and recreation help to provide a high quality of life for our residents. If you are coming for a visit, below is a list of our attractions you don’t want to miss:
- Conquer the swinging bridge and experience history in one of our many museums,
- Swim in our modern outdoor pool & waterpark with beach-like entry, slides and lazy river, or take swimming lessons,
- Stroll through our beautiful 50-acre Victoria Park to sightsee and explore nature trails, or take part in a Souris Valley Recreation or Camp Runamuck program,
- Camp or stay at one of our many accommodation choices in B&Bs, Guest Rooms, (our new Souris Hotel & Active Adult Residence will be completed late 2017),
- Dine and shop at some very unique small town stores and restaurants,
- Play at the playground and enjoy a host of river activities.
Our active community of volunteers organize numerous events throughout the year to provide quality activities and entertainment for all ages:
- Spring-Fling Town-wide garage sales (May 13, 2017),
- Celebrate Canada 150 Day with fireworks, bands, family activities (June 30-July 2, 2017),
- Municipal Parade, Fair and Ag events (July 8-9, 2017),
- Scarecrow Days (Sep 22-24, 2017) and the
- Multicultural Festival to name a few.
Our economy is agriculture based and over one half of our employment stems from three sectors: agriculture, healthcare, and education. We are a growing community and have seen significant investments in infrastructure made over the past few years.
Enjoy exploring our website. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.